INSPIRING. REWARDING. FUN. THESE ARE SOME OF THE WORDS INSTRUCTORS USE TO DESCRIBE THEIR CAREERS AT THE REAL SCHOOL OF MUSIC.
We're looking for world class instructors to join the faculty at our Andover, Burlington, or Dedham locations.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in music education), or life-experience equivalent.
- Advanced degrees, curriculum development experience, and/or scholarly publication would be to your advantage.
- Preferably a minimum of five years professional teaching experience with beginner, intermediate, and advanced students.
- Instructional competence in multiple instruments is desirable, but not required. - Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills key for working with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Notable experience as a live performer is a plus.
- A willingness to participate in faculty showcases, external events, and student concerts and recitals is a must.
- Advanced knowledge in general music theory and a personal catalogue of diverse musical styles is a plus. - You must be willing to prioritize a career in music education ahead of other interests.
At Real School, you'll be treated like the education professional you are.
- EMPLOYMENT: You gain all inherent benefits of being formally employed, including payroll services, automatic tax deductions, company contributions to FICA, unemployment insurance, and workers compensation; pre-tax contributions to health insurance; and various other legal protections not otherwise available to independent contractors.
- HEALTH INSURANCE BENEFITS: Real School contributes substantially to your health coverage starting at just 25 hours per week.
- VACATION/PAID TIME OFF: All full-time Real School faculty will earn 12 paid time off per year, including 7 paid holidays, sick days, and a full week of academic shutdown in late August.
- BONUSES: Already have a studio, or do you know other teachers who would like to join us?Real School has an innovative payroll construct that provides motivated instructors a path to higher earnings. You can earn referral bonus for referring new students and / or qualified instructors who join Real School's faculty. There are additional bonus opportunities for ensemble coachings, peer advising, and for holding advanced degrees.
- RECOGNITION: We celebrate and recognize the many outstanding contributions from our team!
Questions? Email: email@example.com.